Saturday, February 19, 2011

MILF in the Making

Food-- My first love since before birth. The smell, taste, comfort, and pretty much everything it provides except for the side effects of poor eating habits. The "Muffin-Top"?? Sounds delicious, but is completely undesirable!! After giving birth to my beautiful baby boy, I've realised that my bad choices in food are one of the many habits that I do not wish to pass down to him.

I am a perpetual dieter without any real results. Mostly because I often start things and never see them through. Given the fact that I am now 100lbs overweight (yikes!!), I am now ready to make changes in order to be a healthier, happier, more beautiful version of myself. I've decided to document this process through blogging in hopes that when I've accomplished my goal, I can look back and reflect on all of the hard work I put into my transformation. Maybe it will provide some sort of inspiration for anyone who happens to be struggling with a similar situation. I plan on posting delicious Weight Watchers recommended recipes that I have enjoyed so that others my partake as well! So keep an eye out, good, healthy food is in your future!

The challenge is called 100lbs in 100 days... I think I've got like 16wks roughly so I actually have more than 100 days to lose weight.
How I plan to execute this:
  • Weight Watchers (Thank you Christy!)
  • Walking daily
  • 1hr on the Elliptical (Thank you Rooney's!)
  • Accountability Partners
  • Hard work and lots of determination?

So that's the plan thus far. I think that since I am announcing to the world that I am on a diet it will help with the whole "accountability" thing.

Disclaimer: I am terrible with grammar. I usually type how I talk so I know this blog will be filled with English abominations. I tend to be fairly open and blunt about things so if I happen to offend... you know where the exit button is :D Thank you for understanding.

Here's to 100lbs lost in 100 days and a successful journey into "MILFhood"

3 comments:

  1. Hey Karissa! I feel your pain. I have found myself in this position too many times. I am 44 and finally getting my act together - AFTER my youth is spent... ah... sucky timing.. but oh well. :) WW is a great program.I have recipes and old magazines if you want to take a look. My trainer is great too so if you get to the point you want to try that, give me a yell. You can do this... 16 weeks might be tough. That is 6.26 pounds a week so you will have to work HARD. If I can help in anyway ( besides running over to de-doughnut your home. I will. Why Cant I do that you ask ? Because I WOULD EAT THEM! :) Good luck! You are beautiful already - you are just going to improve on beautiful to AMAZINGLY beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you and today I'm actually starting a "plan" myself so I'm here sister!!! Good luck and I'm proud of you. Text me at your weak moments if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go girl go!!! you can do it! i look forward to following you and your progress!! yay for the new you on the horizon!! :)

    ReplyDelete